Anyone who would like to attend courses at TU Dortmund University in order to further their education can apply for guest auditor status.
More detailed information on the conditions of guest study, organizational matters, deadlines and costs can be found on this page.
The guest auditor status is used for further education in individual fields of knowledge. It enables the attendance of university courses without a university entrance qualification (e.g. Abitur). Please note the following:
- Guest auditors do not have student status and therefore do not receive a student ID or a semester ticket.
- The guest auditor status only entitles the student to participate in events, there is no entitlement to study or take exams.
- Guest auditors are only allowed to attend individual courses in admission-restricted degree programs and subjects as well as in all teacher training programs, provided that the faculty has given its consent (dean's office or examination board).
- In addition, you should always contact the respective lecturer in advance in order to coordinate participation in a specific course. There can always be courses, regardless of whether the course itself is free or limited admission, which are limited in the number of participants.
Regular enrollment deadlines apply to guest enrollment.
Guest students pay a guest student fee of 100.00 euros per semester.
- Use the application for guest auditor status and submit it to the Student Registration Office during the enrollment deadlines.
- In the case of courses or subjects with restricted admissions, you will need approval from the Dean's Office or the Examination Board of the respective faculty in order to attend courses. Please have the relevant approval signed on the application for guest auditor status. Information on any admission restrictions can be found on the guest auditor application.
- After receipt and approval of your guest auditor application, you will receive a request for payment of the guest auditor fee.
- After receipt of this fee, you can print out a guest auditor certificate via the campus portal. With this certificate you can prove that you are entitled to attend courses of the requested study program.
- In addition, you should always contact the respective lecturers in advance in order to coordinate your participation in a specific course. There may always be courses, regardless of whether the degree program itself is admission-free or admission-restricted, that are limited in the number of participants.
- Before the start of the following semester, you will receive a payment request from the Student Registration Office to pay the guest auditor fee again in order to extend your guest auditor status.
- Once the guest auditor fee has been received, you will automatically be re-registered in the same degree program or subject and can download your guest auditor certificate in the BOSS system. The guest auditor application does not have to be resubmitted in this case.