For the admission to the study program, competences in the English language, which must correspond at least to the level "B2" according to the European reference framework, must be proven. As a rule, the proof is provided by the certificate of the general university entrance qualification. If the proof cannot be provided by the university entrance qualification, corresponding substitute proofs can be recognized by the Institute of English and American Studies via the Student Regsitration Office. Substitute certificates must be submitted for enrollment along with the other documents. However, the following language level is recommended for admission to the program:
- Completion of the advanced course in English with an average of 10 points in the last four semesters of school.
- Cambridge ESOL: grade A for FCE or grade "pass" for CAE or CPE
- TELC: C1 passed, or B2 with grade 1;
- TOEFL: minimum score of 550 on the written test with a grade of 5.0 on the Written English test (or a minimum score of 80 on TOEFL iBT);
- IELTS (Academic or General): Minimum score of 6 with a minimum score of 6.0 in each part;
- APIEL: minimum score of 3 [= pass];
- Certified Foreign Language Correspondent English (IHK).
If you should need a language test: Please keep in mind that there is usually a considerable waiting period until the test date. Under ETS and Cambridge Exams, for example, you will find details of where you can take which tests in Germany and when.
Proof of special aptitude: Seminar for Art and Art Science: Information on the aptitude test
Proof of special aptitude: Institute for Music and Musicology: Information on the aptitude test
Proof of special aptitude: Institute for Sport and Sport Science: Information on the aptitude test